Yellow Jowar Flour (400 grams)
Jowar is commonly eaten with the hull, which retains the majority of the nutrients.The plant is very high in fibre and iron, with a fairly high protein level as well. This makes it well suited for use as a staple starch. Jowar is rich in antioxidants and all varieties are gluten-free, an attractive alternative for wheat allergy sufferers.
The health benefits of this super millet are given in this link
What happens when you include millets in your daily diet?
1. With ease you are adding more nutrition, variety and taste to your routine foods like idli, dosa,kichidi, pongal ,bakery items, upma, pudding,payasam etc
2. Millets are suitable for people of all ages. They are non-allergenic, Gluten & Trans-fat free.
3. Low glycaemic index of millets makes them diabetic friendly.
4. Millets are rich in vegetarian protein and detoxify you.
5. Millets contain serotonin. They also have high anti-oxidant activity that helps in stress management through food and can even help in keeping cancer at bay.
6. Magnesium, Niacin (Vitamin B3) and other minerals in millets can help in managing LDL cholesterol, Triglycerides, C-reactive protein, migraine and help reduce the risk of Heart attacks.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.